We are happy to announce the dates and application details of the Jinhua Homestay 2019.
The next session (the 8th session) of Jinhua Homestay Project will take place in a historical village of Jinhua which is located in a picturesque mountain area with long history and rich culture. The session will be held from August 10-24.
Conditions for Application:
· Applicants should be at least 18 years old.
· Applicants should be in a healthy physical condition.
· Applicants should have an open mind in regards to people, ways of life, and traditions of different from your own.
· Applicants should be interested, willing, and ready to actively engage in all aspects of the Jinhua Homestay project.
· Applicants should be fluent in both spoken and written English; Chinese language skills are not required.
Photos and videos of participants will be taken during some of the project activities. Applicants must agree to any such material being used, if required, for further the aims of the project.
It is strongly suggested that applicants conduct research on Jinhua Mountain and include their creative ideas and possible contribution in their application.
The project will provide each overseas participant of the 8th session with:
1. Course completion certificate as an international exchange student of Zhejiang Normal University. The certificate will be offered by the project organizer (Jinhua Municipal People’s Government Foreign Affairs Office) and Zhejiang Normal University.
2. An opportunity to learn more about the traditional culture and modernization of China.
3. A chance to experience aesthetics of Chinese historical architecture and family warmth.
4. A chance to make friends and communicate with youth from around the world.
5. A platform to apply personal and professional skills.
6. The expenses, after participants arrive in Shanghai, will be paid by the project, including:
·transportation from Shanghai to Jinhua;
·accommodation and meals in Jinhua’s historical villages during the project;
·cultural activities and project related trips;
·pocket money (500 Yuan per student).
Cultural Tourism Group
Group aim: During the project, there will be several lectures on Jinhua Mountain culture, that will improve participants’ understanding of Jinhua Mountain culture. Participants of this task group are supposed to collect material about Jinhua Mountain culture and scenic route. After the cultural lectures, participants should organize the culture related documents in English, translate them into their native languages, and design a fun tour route for Jinhua Mountain.
Participants we hope to invite: Students majoring in related fields such as East Asia culture (Chinese culture), Chinese language, literature, or tourism.
Group aim: Come up with new ideas of products and their design that can represent Jinhua Mountain and be used, for example, as souvenirs (e.g. postcards, mugs, fridge magnets, T-shirts, etc.).
Participants we hope to invite: Students or groups majoring in related to product design fields.
Group aim: Write articles on the themes of “Jinhua Mountain in my eyes”, “Jinhua traditional culture in my eyes”, “Jinhua Homestay project in my eyes”, and publish them in newspapers, magazines, and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. Make promotional videos for the New Top 10 Tourist Attractions of Jinhua, and publish them on social media sites.
Participants we hope to invite: Students majoring in related fields such as literature or journalism.
Group aim: Present both the natural scenery and history of Jinhua Mountain tourism area and Jinhua traditional culture in paintings.
Participants we hope to invite: Students or groups majoring in related fields such as art or fine arts (painting).
The application will be open soon.